YATC is funded solely by our generous donors like you and receives no government funding. Contributions of any amount are greatly appreciated.
As a 501 (c) 3 nonprofit, YATC relies on the generosity of our donors to fund its unique curriculum. The individualized program and ongoing graduate support services are provided with careful attention to wise spending and careful allocation of every dollar we receive.
The mission of the Youth Automotive Training Center is to train and educate at-risk youth in basic automotive repair skills, academic remediation, job readiness and life management skills.
The goal of this program is to prepare young adults who are at a disadvantage in their lives to become self-sufficient, productive, law-abiding citizens.
here’s how a $100 donation helps:
- Purchase a set of textbooks used in auto technical class or GED preparation
- Cover transportation on Tri-Rail or transit bus passes
- Allow two students to sit for the GED exam
- Provide a week’s worth of groceries for a student and family
Remembering special friends
Several special memorial funds have been established in recent years to honor the memory of longtime friends of the school. YATC is proud to offer assistance to students and graduates from these funds:
- Penny J. Farrel Technology Education Fund
- Joe Jessup New Beginnings Fund
- Bruce Rossmeyer Memorial Kick Start Scholarship Fund
- Harold Shafer Memorial Fund
- Peter L. Van Deusen Memorial Scholarship Fund
Please visit the donation page or contact Executive Director Terry Routley at (954) 428-0909 or email@example.com for further information on memorial funds. Contributions by check, made payable to the Youth Automotive Training Center (with fund name noted in the memo field), may be sent to:
399 SW Martin Luther King Jr. Avenue
Deerfield Beach, FL 33441
Many ways to give
In addition to financial support, YATC welcomes in-kind donations of:
- Automotive equipment
- Professional services
- Computer equipment
- School supplies
- Gift items (student incentives)
- Gift cards for necessity purchases (food, baby needs, daily living items)
- Complimentary tickets to sporting events, museums, local exhibitions, etc.